Fed Delegation Of Authority Rules
On Nov. 17, Fed issued rules regarding delegation of authority.
- Fed issued final rule, correcting amendments to delegation of authority, 12 CFR 265.
- Added delegations of authority previously approved by Board, technical corrections.
- Delegations Building Block Approach Regulation Q
- Authority to require a supervised insurance organization to exclude, approve, adjust all or portion of particular company capital element from Building block available capital.
- Take certain actions to better reflect the risk profile of an inventory company or the supervised insurance organization, under Regulation Q (12 CFR 217.601(d)).
- Ability to require a supervised insurance organization to apply an alternative treatment to a treatment otherwise required; to approve a request to exercise a call option.
- To approve request to redeem or repurchase an instrument; to include in building block available capital an instrument issued by company in a supervised insurance org.
- Regulation D
- Authority to approve the annual indexation of the reserve requirement exemption amount, low reserve tranche amount under Regulation D, 12 CFR 204 .
- Authority is applicable only if no change is proposed to any of the formulas by which the reserve requirement exemption or reserve tranche amount are calculated.
- Revisions are effective on the date of publication, Nov. 17, 2023.
||Bank; Ins; Thrift
||88 FR 80108, 11/17/2023, Docket No. R-1778, RIN 7100-AG37, Citation: *12 CFR* 204, 217, 265;
||C-Suite; Financial; Reporting; Treasury
||United States of America
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 11/20/2023