EP Economic Recovery Priorities
On Feb. 22, EP discussed post-Covid economic policy priorities.
- A panel debated economic policy priorities for post-Covid recovery at start of annual European parliamentary week, where EU economic governance is discussed.
- Acknowledged Covid difficulties but crisis could be a chance to rebuild EU economies.
- EP president David Sassoli said crisis due to economic system of resource exploitation.
- Portuguese parliament president Ferro Rodrigues stressed the need to review EU economic governance instruments in order to avoid prohibiting its recovery.
- UN secretary-general António Guterres raised danger of unequal recovery at global level, saying that the vaccine roll-out already indicated that inequality would be rife.
- IMF's managing director Kristalina Georgeva warned of uneven recovery including EU.
- The European Council president Charles Michel said that the economies emerging after the pandemic will need to be built around climate change and digital priorities.
- Ursula Von Der Leyen highlighted Next Generation funds for greener, digital inclusivity.
- Christine Lagarde stressed continuing to shield economies/working to transform them.
||B/D; Bank; Exch; HF; IA; Ins
||PR 2/22/2021; COVID-19; ESG
||Compliance; Financial; Legal; Reporting; Technology
||Banking; Fund Mgt; Insurance; Securities
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 02/23/2021