UN EPFI Arab Region Sustainability
On Jan. 20, UN EPFI reported on Arab region sustainable financing.
- New report on Arab region sustainable financing also offers policy recommendations.
- 1st in-depth sustainable finance analysis of an area most vulnerable to climate change.
- Highlights water scarcity, sea levels, drought, land degradation/desertification impact.
- Examines existing climate strategies and policies on adaptation/mitigation, stresses need for sustainable finance resources for more resilient, inclusive and green economy.
- Investigates key sustainable finance practices in six countries: Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- Research conducted with support of League of Arab States (LAS) and Ford foundation.
- Also supported by SDG Climate Facility: Climate Action for Human Security regional project led by UNDP, with the aid of LAS, other regional and UN partners, and Sida.
- Feb. 2021 Knowledge Platform
- On Feb. 11, 2021, UN EPFI announced launch of Knowledge Platform for MENA region.
- Knowledge Platform provides EPFI’s in Arab region a one-stop platform to access information, data from research and direct links to sustainable finance tools.
- That can support them in their transition to more climate-aware business models.
- Provides for knowledge sharing and good practice cases submitted by banks in region.
- Via UN EPFI hosted Knowledge Platform under SDG-Climate Facility Project umbrella.
- The UN aims to engage key financial sector actors in transformation of the Arab region’s financial system to one that addresses SDG funding.
||PR 2/11/2021; Rp, PR 1/20/2021; ESG
||Compliance; C-Suite; Financial; Legal; Operations; Research; Technology; Treasury
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 02/12/2021