FTC Civil Money Penalty Adjustment
On Jan. 11, FTC published inflation-adjusted civil penalty amounts.
- FTC adjusted maximum civil penalties for violations of provisions of law FTC enforces.
- Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015 (28 USC 2461) directs agencies implement annual inflation adjustments based on set formula.
- Adjusted Penalties
- Penalty amount increased from $43,280 to $43,792 for violations of FTC Act S 5(l), 5(m)(1)(A) and (B); Clayton Act S 7A(g)(l); Energy Policy, Conservation Act S 525(b).
- Amount increased from $569 to $576 for violations of Section 10 of the FTC Act.
- Maximum civil penalty amount has increased from $1,231,690 to $1,246,249 for violations of Section 814(a) of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
- New maximum civil penalty amounts will take effect on publication in federal register.
- Jan 13, 2021 Fed Reg Publication
- On Jan. 13, 2021, FTC published adjustments in federal register, immediate effect.
||86 FR 2539, 1/13/2021; PR, 1/11/2021; Citation: 28 USC 2461;
||Complaints; Legal; Operations
||United States of America
|Reg. Last Update
||AML & Enforcement
Last substantive update on 01/15/2021