HK OPC Instant Messaging App Terms
On Jan. 11, HK OPC advised users re instant messaging app changes.
- Privacy Commissioner appealed to users, to carefully consider the new terms, policy.
- Sharing Information with App Parent
- Per announced changes users would need to agree to share their information with the messaging app parent company and its subsidiaries, if they wish to continue using it.
- Privacy Concerns
- HK OPC concerned the data to be shared includes substantial amount of personal data.
- Thus appealed to users, to be aware of the changes, carefully consider the new terms.
- Also to take note of data types to be shared, how they will be used under new terms.
- Users should consider, in particular, if they are willing to transfer their personal data to companies associated with the messaging app for storage and use.
- If users choose not to consent, they should make preparations to back up their data.
- Parents are also reminded to, as far as possible, provide appropriate guidance to their children who use the messaging app as many children have phones and use it.
- Request to Messaging App
- To clearly explain to users the arrangements for sharing of personal data under new terms, the personal data involved and how the data will be used.
- To extend period for consideration by users to allow ample time to assess new terms.
- To consider excluding users of the messaging app who do not have accounts on the online social platform concerned (associated company) from the new terms.
- Other Aspects
- To help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market its services and related products; release provides a list of the data to be shared.
- At present the deadline for users to agree to new terms is Feb. 8, 2021.
||Compliance; Legal; Operations; Privacy; Risk; Technology
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 01/12/2021