NY LEG Expanded Telehealth Access
On Jan. 10, NY LEG reported proposed expanded access to telehealth.
- Gov. Cuomo proposed to expand access to telehealth for all in 2021 State of State.
- COVID-19 pandemic showed that telehealth is a critical tool to expand access and lower costs for low-income communities, especially for behavioral health support.
- Propose comprehensive reforms to permanently adopt COVID-19-era innovations that expanded access to physical health, mental health, substance use disorder services.
- Partnering with Reimagine New York Commission, Cuomo will enact telehealth reform to help New Yorkers take advantage of telehealth tools, address existing roadblocks.
- Reforms will address issues like adjusting reimbursement incentives to encourage telehealth, eliminating outdated regulatory prohibitions on the delivery of telehealth.
- Will remove location requirements, address technical unease among both patients and providers through training programs, create incentives to use telehealth in New York.
||CNSM; Corp; Ins
||PR, 1/10/2021; COVID-19
||Compliance; Operations; Technology
||United States of America
||Corporate; Insurance; Insurance-Health
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 01/12/2021