MLY SCM Further Relief Measures
On Mar. 24, MLY SCM announced further Covid relief measures.
- Measures aim to ease cost burden of capital market participants, complement the wider relief effort under the economic stimulus package 2020 announced in Feb.
- Waive 2020 annual licensing fees on core regulated activity of capital markets services licence (CMSL) entities with profit before tax of MYR5mn or less in financial year 2019.
- Waive 2020 annual licensing fees for all individual CMSL holders and representatives.
- Reduce minimum continuing professional education (CPE) requirements to 10 CPE points from the current 20 CPE points, effective Jul. 1, 2020 for a period of 12 months.
- Reduce minimum training requirements to 3 days effective Jul. 1, 2020 for 12 months.
- One-off training subsidy for existing registered firms of audit oversight board (AOB) with less than 10 audit partners, up to MYR30,000 per firm for approved programs.
||PR 3/24/2020; COVID-19
||Compliance; Financial; Operations; Registration; Training
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 03/25/2020