FINRA Publish OTC Equity Trade Data
On Dec. 2, FINRA began publishing OTC equity trading volume data.
- FINRA to publish data on OTC equity trading volume occurring outside of alternative trading systems (ATSs) in effort to expand its ongoing transparency initiative.
- Follows Nov. 2019 implementation delay of data publication to Dec. 2019, see #65001.
- OTC Data
- FINRA will publish monthly aggregate block-size trading data for OTC trades in national market system (NMS) stocks executed outside an ATS, on a one-month delayed basis.
- Also aggregate non-ATS volume for each firm, by eliminating de minimis exception for firms executing fewer than, on average, 200 non-ATS transactions per day during the applicable reporting period.
- Publication Launch Dates
- Starting Dec. 2, 2019, weekly aggregate non-ATS volume data without the de minimis exception will be available starting with week of Nov. 11, 2019 for Tier 1 NMS stocks.
- FINRA will continue to be publishedWeekly aggregate non-ATS volume information for Tier 2 NMS stocks and OTC equity securities with the de minimis exception.
- Published on Dec. 2, 2019 for Oct. 28 week; Dec. 9, 2019 for Nov. 4, 2019 week.,
- Starting Dec. 16, 2019, weekly aggregate non-ATS volume data without de minimis exception available with week of Nov. 11, 2019 for Tier 2 NMS stocks and OTC euqity.
- Monthly aggregate non-ATS volume data without de minimis exception, and new non-ATS block-size data will be available starting with the month of Oct. 2019.
||PR, 12/2/2019; RN 19-29, 9/13/2019
||Compliance; Legal; Operations; Technology; Trade Reporting; Trading
||United States of America
||Derivatives; Equity; Fixed Income; Securities
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 12/02/2019