CSA Non-Investment Fund Issuers
On Apr. 6, CSA proposed relief for issuers of non-investment funds.
- Proposed reduction of regulatory burden for non-investment fund reporting issuers.
- To ensure rules, costs are proportionate, without compromising investor protections.
- Proposed an expanded application of streamlined rules for smaller reporting issuers.
- Reduce regulation covering prospectus rules and offering process, eliminate overlap.
- Limit certain ongoing disclosure requirement, enhance electronic document delivery.
- Invited comments on proposals, or alternative options not identified, by Jul. 7, 2017.
- Considered way to reduce burden in other areas, eg disclosure for investment funds.
||CSA OSC; CSA BC
||B/D; Fiduciary; IA; Inv Co
||CP 51-404, PR, 4/6/2017
||Compliance; Legal; Operations; Reporting
||Fund Mgt; Securities
Last substantive update on 04/07/2017