ESMA Venue-Traded Derivative
On Jan. 9, ESMA issued register of derivatives traded on-venue.
- Register clarifies application of MiFIR trading obligation for derivatives contracts.
- MIFID trading obligation is further specified in regulation 2017/2417, see #35304.
- ESMA Register
- Register clarified which classes of derivatives are subject to the trading obligation.
- Listed the full names of trading venues, on which those derivatives can be traded.
- The date on which the obligation takes effect for each category of counterparties.
- Register will be updated for changes, such as new venues offer trading in product.
- ESMA will consult before including more derivatives under MiFIR trading obligation.
||B/D; Bank; Depo; Exch; FCM; OTC
||PR, 1/9/2018; Reg 2017/2417; MIFID/MIFIR, Dir 2014/65, Reg 600/2014, EMIR, Reg 648/2012
||Compliance; Legal; Operations; Trading
||Clearing; Corporate; Derivatives; Fixed Income; Futures; Securities
Last substantive update on 01/09/2018