ASIC ASX BBSW Trade Guide
On Oct. 10, ASIC issued statement on ASX BBSW Trade guidelines.
- Welcomed the publication of new ASX BBSW Trade and Trade Reporting guidelines.
- The bank bill swap rate is major interest rate benchmark for the Australian dollar.
- Major concern over recent years has been the low trading volumes during setting.
- BBSW methodology has been strengthened to allow calculation from wider market.
- Guidelines set out how these trades are to be reported to ASX to support calculation.
- ASIC expects all bank bill market participants to now comply with the BBSW guide.
||17-339MR, Gd, PR, 10/10/2017
Last substantive update on 10/10/2017