UK GVT Cyber Security Newsletter
On May 12, UK GVT issued DCMS newsletter on latest developments.
- UK GVT issued monthly DCMS cyber security newsletter, with latest announcements, events and projects for people interested in the field of cyber security.
- Highlighted UK GVT call for views on consumer app security and privacy, see #137195.
- Also highlighted UK Infra issued new supply chain security guidance, see #136234.
- Skills Gap
- DCMS published its annual report into cyber security skills in the UK labor market
- The report found that UK businesses continue to lack staff with the technical skills, incident response skills and governance skills needed to manage their cyber security.
- This included 51% of companies having a basic skills gap and being unable to carry out the kinds of basic tasks laid out in the government-endorsed Cyber Essentials scheme.
- There is an estimated annual shortfall of around 14,000 cyber security professionals.
- Ethnic Minorities
- In April, DCMS funded the first ethnic minorities in cyber symposium in Birmingham.
- The aim of the conference was to discuss ways to improve diversity in the cyber sector.
- Keynote speech was delivered by Simon Hepburn, CEO of UK Cyber Security Council.
- Emphasized importance of diversity in cyber teams and steps the Council are taking.
- DCMS also spoke about different initiatives the government has taken over the years.
- Such as Cyber Explorers, CyberASAP and UKC3 - UK Cyber Cluster Collaboration.
||Compliance; Cyber; HR; Operations; Risk; Technology
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 05/13/2022