ENISA Cybersecurity Challenges Report
On Nov. 22, ENISA issued report on foresight of emerging challenges.
- ENISA issued first report on Foresight on Emerging Cybersecurity Challenges.
- The study aims to enable foresight on emerging and future cybersecurity challenges.
- In order to improve cybersecurity resilience and support the planning of its work.
- This will be useful for EU cybersecurity community at large and its stakeholders but also for policymakers and national authorities with cybersecurity responsibilities.
- Cybersecurity researchers, practitioners, educators; experts within EU institutions, etc.
- Key element of ENISA’s strategy, foresight increases knowledge and understanding of emerging and future challenges, thus providing path to find solutions to address them.
- It is focused on challenges, on how to bolster EU resilience to cybersecurity threats.
- Foresight is ongoing, complex, multi-stage process allowing for a reflection on possible future grounded in the present and inviting informed decision-making.
- Hence, leading to actions appropriately tailored to the evolutions anticipated.
- Both participatory, multidisciplinary, foresight enables different groups with different expertise to work together, project the most realistic outcomes and possible futures.
- Although not commonly resorted to in cybersecurity field approach is consistent with work of ENISA as it will help generate trends, scenarios, perspectives on the future.
- Cybersecurity often looks towards future short-term threats, yet there is a need for cybersecurity professionals and policymakers to maintain pace with attackers.
- Foresight is a good tool to support longer-term strategic thinking on how to improve the state of cybersecurity and overall resilience.
- Methods, tools applied in foresight can be used from definition of ENISA Single Programing Document to specific output needs starting from the strategic level.
- Going down to various strategic objectives crowdsourcing on expertise of various stakeholders’ communities and issuing recommendations on cybersecurity strategy.
- Also policy support, capacity building, operational cooperation, certification activities.
||Bank; BS; CNSM; Corp; IA; Ins; Inv Co; Pension
||Rp, PR, 11/22/2021; Cyber
||Compliance; Legal; Operations; Outsourcing; Privacy; Research; Risk; Technology
||Banking; Corporate; Fund Mgt; Insurance; Investment Bank; Pensions
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 11/23/2021