CHI SAMR Certification Regulations
On Nov. 22, CHI SAMR proposed changes to certification regulations.
- CHI SAMR proposed amendments to the regulations on certification and accreditation.
- Follows Jan. 2021, CHI SAMR issued revised regulations on certification, see #96522.
- Regulations have not been fully revised since promulgation in Aug. 2003, only partial revisions in Jan. 2016 and Dec. 2020, as such there are many outdated provisions.
- Aims to modify areas that are not compatible with delegation, management, service reform, that conflict with current laws, or are inconsistent with international practices.
- Also aims to modify areas that are inconsistent with new requirements of institutional reforms and market supervision system, or incompatible with development needs.
- Implement differentiated management for approval of certification bodies, introduce self-declaration for compulsory product certification, remove access restrictions.
- Improve definition of certification, accreditation, inspection and testing, add new requirements for information disclosure, add acceptance clauses, statistical surveys.
- Improve construction of the certification system, qualification requirements of the certification bodies, professional qualification system of the certification personnel.
- Inspection and testing shall be stipulated as a separate section, and a unified conformity assessment system shall be constructed together with relevant regulations.
- Clarify unified national accreditation system, expand scope of accreditation subjects.
- Improve supervision and management measures, inspection and testing activities, and improve the reporting obligations and supervision measures of accreditation agencies.
- Revise penalties for some violations, clarify the multiple levels of penalties, add legal responsibilities for inspection and testing institutions as well as certification clients.
- Revise terminology related to the reform of the market supervision system.
- Comments should be submitted by Dec. 22, 2021.
||Compliance; Legal; Registration/Licensing
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 11/23/2021