TUR FIU AML/CFT on Cryptocurrency
On May 3, TUR FIU issued TUR GVT amendments to AML legislation.
- TUR GVT issued presidential decree making amendments to Article 4 of the Regulation on Measures to Prevent Laundering Proceeds of Crime and the Financing of Terrorism.
- Amendments add crypto asset service providers and savings finance companies to the list of institutions required to abide by money laundering/terrorist financing law.
- Follows FDD Apr. 27, on collapse of 3 Turkish cryptocurrency exchanges see #104074.
- Also follows TUR CB Apr. 2021, rule banning payments in crypto assets, see #102985.
- The AML amendments take effect on date of official publication (i.e. on May 1, 2021).
TUR FIU; TUR GVT
||B/D; Bank; CNSM; Corp; Exch; MSB
||OG 31471, 1/5/2021; Fintech;
||AML; Financial; Reporting; Risk; Technology; Treasury
||Banking; Corporate; Cryptocurrency; Payments
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 05/03/2021