MAU CB Primary Dealers Operation
On Sep. 20, MAU CB issued revised operational framework guidelines.
- MAU CB issued revised guidelines on the operational framework of primary dealers.
- Issued authority of bank of Mauritius act 2004, s 50 and banking act 2004, s 100.
- Applies to all primary dealers appointed by MAU CB under bank of Mauritius act 2004, s 6(1)(x), with primary dealer selection based on a minimum Tier 1 capital of Rs4bn.
- And average bid of Rs200mn of securities at primary auction over the last six months.
- And noted that evidence of secondary market trading would be an added advantage.
- Guidelines included information on appointment, primary dealer obligations, MAU CB monitoring, primary and secondary market benefits, code of conduct and termination.
- The guideline is effective from Sep. 1, 2021.
||B/D; Bank; Inv Co
||Gd, PR, 9/20/2021
||Compliance; Financial; Legal; Reporting
||Banking; Fixed Income; Issuance/IPO; Loan; Private Placements; Securities
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 09/20/2021