FERC Market-Based Rate Analytics
On Apr. 6, FERC request comments for analytics, market-based rates.
- Issued data collection for analytics and surveillance and market-based rate purposes.
- In Jul. 2019, FERC issued Order No. 860, which revised substance and format of information sellers submit to Commission for market-based rate purposes.
- Commission adopted approach to collect market-based rate information in relational database, which provides more modern, flexible format for reporting, retrieval of info.
- Required, part of its market-based rate application or baseline submission, a Seller must identify through the relational database its ultimate upstream affiliate(s).
- Because is characteristic FERC rely on in granting market-based rate authority, sellers must inform when have new ultimate upstream affiliate as part of change in status.
- Required that any new ultimate upstream affiliate information must also be submitted into the relational database and any changes updated on a monthly basis.
- Information Collection
- Requests comments on proposal to collect data from market-based rate (MBR) sellers through revisions to data dictionary, XML schema that accompany relational database
- Proposed revisions to MBR Data Dictionary so that Sellers whose ultimate upstream affiliate own voting securities under S 203(a)(2) blanket authorization (18 CFR 33.1).
- Require to provide in relational database the docket number of S 203(a)(2) blanket authorization, utility IDs and ID types of upstream affiliates whose securities acquired.
- Proposed revision of collected information and request for comments due Jun. 7, 2021.
||Bank; Corp; Thrift
||86 FR 17823, 4/6/2021; Citation: Order No. 860; 18 CFR 33.1;
||Financial; Operations; Reporting; Risk
||United States of America
||Banking; Commodities; Corporate; Securities
|Reg. Last Update
Last substantive update on 04/07/2021