OCC Head Noreika First Speech
On May 9, OCC Acting Comptroller Noreika gave speech on mutuals.
- Noreika spoke on importance of mutual savings associations and community banks.
- Role of Mutuals
- Welcomed a meeting of the OCC Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee.
- Mutual savings associations important segment of the community bank population.
- Small institutions must balance providing loans for small business in communities
- Also need to comply with OCC and state banking regulatory agency requirements.
- Reform Agenda
- Committee crucial to help OCC understand specific challenges, regulatory issues.
- Looked forward to learning and working both with Committee and regulated firms.
- Sought to discuss with committee how the OCC could reduce undue burdens faced.
- Given unique corporate governance, what challenges from regulatory environment.
||Bank; Corp; Thrift
||PR, SP 5/9/17
||Research; C-Suite; Financial; Operations; Reporting
||United States of America
Last substantive update on 05/12/2017