POL GVT Brexit Transition Period
On Aug. 12, POL GVT published Act on UK withdrawal from EU.
- Issued Act of Jul. 19, 2019 on transitional period re UK withdrawal from EU/Euratom.
- Follows May 21, POL PRL issued bill clarifying UK status during transition, see #60690.
- The Act sets rules re potential entry into force of the UK Withdrawal Agreement from EU and Euratom, specifies that EU MS will mean also the UK during this time, etc.
- Whenever separate provisions refer to an EU/Euratom during the transitional period referred to in art 126 of UK Withdrawal Agreement it shall also mean the UK (art 1).
- The provision of art 1 shall not apply to provisions that implement derogations listed in art 127 paragraphs 1, 4, 5 and 7 of the UK Withdrawal Agreement from the EU.
- The minister competent for membership of Poland in EU shall announce, in the official journal/Monitor Polski, the date of entry into force of UK Withdrawal Agreement.
- Act enters into force the day of entry into force of the UK Withdrawal Agreement.
||B/D; Bank; Corp; IA; Ins
||OG, 8/12/2019, Act, 7/19/2019; Brexit
||BCS; Compliance; Legal; Registration; Reporting
||European Union; Poland; United Kingdom
||Banking; Corporate; Insurance; Securities
Last substantive update on 08/13/2019