UKP Brexit Trading Options
On Mar. 7, UKP issued report on trading relations for UK after Brexit.
- UK International Trade Committee report on issues to resolve Brexit negotiation.
- Report Findings
- UK's position in WTO will be foundation stone for all future trading relationships.
- Uncertain how quickly it will be to disaggregate UK from EU schedules post-exit.
- Government should ensure negotiations on UK's WTO position sequenced with EU.
- DTI should give full account of legislative and administrative preparations taken.
- UK-EU FTA should seek to reproduce the right of establishment and passporting.
- Government should be clearer about dispute-resolution mechanism to be in FTA.
- Should also set out as clearly as possible UK position if trading under WTO only.
- Secretary of State will inform committee of progress on negotiating global FTAs.
- UKP Foreign Affairs Committee
- On Mar, 12, 2017, UKP foreign affairs panel said needed plan in case no EU deal.
- Negotiation could stall or be derailed and the two years could end with no deal.
- Regulatory gap and legal uncertainty, in areas not covered by Great Repeal Bill.
||Rp, PR, 3/12/2017, Rp, PR, 3/08/2017, Brexit
||Banking; Corporate; Fund Mgt; Wealth Mgt
Last substantive update on 03/08/2017