FINRA Alert on Designations
On Oct. 11, FINRA warned investors about professional designations.
- Professional designations might imply special training. Others can be fraudulent.
- The agency is providing investors advice on understanding licenses, designations.
- And is giving them online tools to do background checks on brokers and advisors.
- Goal is to help investor appreciate the credentialing and licensing requirements.
- Professional Designations Tool
- Notes that varying standards to get designations; some are more rigorous to earn.
- FINRA has tool to find out what it takes to earn and maintain financial designation.
- Professional designation tool explains them, when to be wary of those touting them.
- The designation should never be sole reason you select an investment professional.
||Inv Al, PR 10/11/2017
||Advertising; Complaints; Compliance; Operations; Registration; Training; HR
||United States of America
||Corporate; Fund Mgt; Securities; Seniors
Last substantive update on 10/11/2017